What is it?
Remind is a simple app that enables communication between a group of people. I saw this app used with great success by teachers and coaches at our local high school. It worked for both teacher-driven communications and for formal and informal groups that may or may not have included a teacher or coach.
What can it do?
Remind can facilitate communication across classes or within a community group. It’s a low barrier way to create a specific list for a specific purpose and communicate via mobile app or through your computer. Remind is specifically designed for K-12 education and is suitable to any group (teacher led or not) that needs to communicate with all its members.
Download the App
How does it work
- As an educator go to remind.com or use the app to create a free account.
- Set up a class and either share the link or add people.
- As a participant download the app and use the course code to join a group.
A short task – challenge yourself!
Dowload the Remind App and join the 12 Apps of 2020 course by using the class code:
Once you’re in, I’ll send you a note and you can send a message to other participants.
An extra task – try out the teacher side
- Go to the remind.com site and set up your own teacher account.
- Create a class and share the code in the comments below.
- Send a message to your class!
Extend your learning
Don’t forget to come back and add a comment below, write a blog post or share your results somewhere on social media. Use the hashtag: #12AppsBC
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.